Seemantha / Seemantham / Bayake (ಬಯಕೆ), also known as Pumsavana Seemantham is an important traditional samskara in the Indian traditions but more popular in South Indian states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Tamil Nadu, carried out during odd pregnancy months of 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th. Although in ancient times Seemantham was performed on the birth of each child, today it may be restricted to the firstborn. Certain sites list that this ritual is similar to the “baby shower” performed in the west however, it is different in intention.
The word “Seemantham” refers to part the hair just above the eyebrow where the Goddess of Wealth, Sri Mahalakshmi, resides. This leads to the practice of applying kumkum to the parting in order to propitiate the Goddess Sri Lakshmi such that when a woman delivers a child, she is considered the embodiment of the Goddess Lakshmi herself.
After many requests form our beloved users all over India, Oormani Angadi is now offering the Seemantha Items as a complete package.
List of 9 important Items for Seemantha Shastra:
- 5 rounds chakkuli – 10 pcs
- 7 rounds chakkuli – 10 pcs
- 9 rounds chakkuli – 10 pcs
- Athrasa – 10 pcs
- Jelabi – 10 pcs
- Boondi Laadu – 10 pcs
- Hodol Laadu – 10 pcs
- Surya – 10 pcs
- Chandra – 10 pcs
- All items are prepared with extreme love & hygiene by experienced Brahmin Cooks and we use pure coconut oils to ensure maximum shelf life. 15 to 20 days of shelf life guaranteed.
- Kindly confirm your order at least 1 week before the ceremony with full payment which will be shared with you in the quote.
- Keep in mind that it will usually take 4-5 days for delivering the items, You need to confirm the orders earlier adding those extra time for transit in mind.
- Transportation charges will be extra. We will send the estimations of the delivery charges, also the tracking details and receipts.