- Cook vegetables, 2 tbsp peanuts, 2 cups water, ¼ tsp turmeric, and 1 tsp salt.
- now add ¾ cup tamarind extract, ½ tsp jaggery and ½ onions. boil for 10 mins.
- further add 1 cup of cooked toor dal, 2½ cup of cooked rice and 1 cup water.
- add 4 tsp of Holla Spices Bisi Bele Bath Powder and simmer for 20 minutes or till the rice and dal absorbs spices.
- Now prepare the tempering by heating 2 tbsp ghee.
- once the ghee is hot, add in 1 tsp mustard, 1 dried red chilli, pinch of hing, few curry leaves and 10 whole cashew.
- saute and allow to splutter and pour the tempering over bisi bele bath.
- finally, give a good mix, and serve Bisi Bele bath with boondi or mixture.